It’s been a rainy weekend here in Sydney, so what better to do than to stay in with your significant other, cuddle up watching movies and have some Coconut Pudding. I came up with this recipe by myself hence the name “My Little Coconut Pudding”, and I’m delighted to say that it’s gluten free, dairy free and super yummy!
4 x organic eggs
1 x cup coconut flour
1 x cup coconut milk
2 x cups coconut water
1/3 x cup desiccated coconut
2 x Tbl sps coconut oil
2 x tsps baking powder – ideally aluminium free
3 x tsps of organic honey
2 x tsps organic vanilla paste
a pinch of salt
2 x tsp organic vanilla paste
4 x tsps honey
1 & 1/2 cups x coconut water
Coconut yogurt for garnish and healthy creaminess! There are plenty of coconut yogurt brands out there but I’m in love with Coyo, if you haven’t tried it already you should give it a go – me strongly suggests!
- In a large bowl mix eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and vanilla paste – use a whisk to combine well.
- Add the coconut flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder and salt and mix with your whisk.
- Once it all combines start adding the coconut water, and use your whisk to mix it in.
- Spread some coconut oil in the baking trays (I used 5 little ones I have for baking pies) and pour the mixture in each one. – Make sure you don’t fill it all the way to the top so there’s some room for the pudding to rise.
- Ensure your oven is preheated to 180C and place the trays in.
- Bake for approximately 20-30min, you want the puddings to have a nice golden colour (like in my picture) before you take them out.
- While its all baking away, start on your syrup. Combine all ingredients and mix well – I put it all in a jar and gave it a good shake. Then place it in the freezer – the difference in temperature helps with the absorption of the syrup.
- Once the puddings are golden, take them out and pour the syrop on them, make sure you divide the syrup equally.
- Add about a tablespoon of Coyo on each one, sprinkle some desiccated coconut and voilà… Coconut Pudding with lots of love and zero gluten or dairy!
Try it out and let me know how you go.